Thursday, May 8, 2008

high drama dark clouds of suspicion!!! a must read!!!

that guy in the maroon colored shirt, why is he looking at me? what business does he have in what i do, what i look like or what i buy? disgusting! people don't know how to mind their own business. i m seeing him. since last several minutes he is standing there, looking at me, which magazine i m asking for, what am i reading. oh god! i m not nervous. no, not me. i have never been nervous. excuse me a few exceptions. with that dishevelled look, hair unwashed and spreading in all directions, fairly long, beard growing unevenly, eyes protruding as if behind some invisible lens, he is nearly giving my heartbeat a run. no not yet. i am not nervous yet. i looked at him a few times straight in his eyes. yes, you see he didnt scare me. i am not afraid of him. why would he scare me? pity on him, his unhealthy condition. i have to one magazine from the counter, i dont seem to remember which one. you see these thoughts led me to forget even what magazine did i take. silly things. and what did i read, all crap. i just turned pages. that face around me wont let me concentrate on anything else. standing by the bamboo pole to which one string of the cloth roof of the shop hung, he is just staring. plain. but why of all people is he staring at me? i might be charming at times, surely not gay, may be he is comparing his dishevelled hair to mine, for the reason i didnt comb after shower today, or might be i remind him of some old friend or fiend. see how curious he got when i accidently turned to a page with a half-covered female body. what is he thinking about me? may be that, i am a sex maniac, have come over to buy some dirty cheap sex magazine, distrustful young fellow. you see i must not turn over that page right now or he will become sure of his doubt. i must pretend that everything is normal. it is casual to have a look at these kind of pictures. may be after reading a few sentences i should turn over. he will not suspect about anything then. but i can't make out what i am reading with these thoughts running through my mind. it is all gibberish. I must make a move now. It wont arise any ill thought in him. he will be lost again with his gaze on someone else's like me or he may follow me after i move. i must take a different route in that case, a more crowded route which will not lead me to my home. probably, watch his few moves before i turn towards home. no, he is not looking back at me. his gaze is still fixed at the point where my head should have been, had i not moved from that place. then why was i thinking like that about him? may be he is pretending now to be casual. i must wait some more before he moves. no, that will create unnecessary confusion in my mind again. it is all getting heavy. i should go somewhere good. may be in a park. yes, i love to watch children playing there. yes i can get something to drink also. yes. that is a better idea.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hummm.. nishant it seems u have secret admirers..so b careful man.. :P had nice time reading it :D

weeping horse said...

i love phantoms